Cleaning of Facilities
The school has a two-way air filtration system in place. In addition, intensified cleaning protocols are in place for all classrooms, restrooms, and other shared spaces. These protocols include cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting surfaces and spaces.
- Hard surfaces and frequently touched surfaces (such as restrooms, handrails and doorknobs) will be cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected throughout the day.
- Each classroom will be equipped with a cleaning basket that will include commercial grade reusable gloves, spray cleaner, and a daily-laundered, red, microfiber towel. Housekeeping staff will collect and replace this specially designated, classroom-cleaning red towel each day.
- Teachers will use these supplies to clean hard surfaces throughout the day, moving from a designated starting point in the room spraying down all hard surfaces, waiting the prescribed time period, and then returning to that start point to wipe hard surfaces clean.
- Teachers are encouraged to try to increase classroom air flow whenever possible by opening windows and propping open doors that are safe to keep open.
- Limitations will be placed on the number of people who can be in restrooms and other shared spaces at the same time.
- Housekeeping staff will clean high-touch areas and bathrooms using TB-CIDE-QUAT throughout the day. Cleaning of bathrooms will be documented and signed off on.
- Housekeeping staff will also use TB-CIDE-QUAT each afternoon to disinfect surfaces and spaces. This disinfecting protocol includes a two-step process of applying the spray, waiting the prescribed time period, and wiping that down with a fresh water wash and a cleanly laundered cloth. Daily cleaning will be documented and signed off on.
- Per the CDC, housekeeping staff will use vacuum cleaners with HEPA filters and only vacuum when rooms are empty. Whenever possible, they will turn off fans or the HVAC system while vacuuming to reduce particle circulation. Small rugs and carpets have been removed to reduce areas that need vacuuming.