Looks like we have more scorching hot weather the next few days. The heat index is forecast to be well above the allowable limit at practice time tomorrow, so we'll go ahead and cancel that. We'll wait until Thursday to make a decision on Friday. The next two weeks will be the state dead period, so after Friday the next practice opportunity will be Monday, July 11th. Y'all be careful with outdoor activities the next few days. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
We'll meet at the track for a hurdle / jumps session tomorrow afternoon at 5:30 for about an hour. Later in the week is supposed to get real hot again so we'll have to wait a little before we can decide about Wednesday and Friday. Be sure to bring water with you.
We will not have afternoon hurdle / jumps practice tomorrow. The heat index at practice time is supposed to be 110. That is above the threshold for practices under the state guidelines. Y'all stay cool. Swimming and ice cream would be a great alternatives. We'll see about Wednesday.